Desktop Support Technician
The Joint Committee on Taxation is seeking an entry level IT support professional to join our Information Technology staff in a Desktop Support role. The Desktop Support Technician provides support to end users on a wide range of issues by identifying, researching, and resolving technical problems.
A day in the Desktop Support life may include: Responding to all inquiries for technical support same day or next business day while documenting, tracking, and monitoring all issues to ensure a timely resolution. Installing or supporting any of the following:
- Desktop applications
- PC & printer hardware
- Mobile devices such as iPhones and iPads
- Create new users and set up workstations for new staff
- Maintaining the IT equipment and printer supply
- Providing support and responding to issues for staff working
Required Experience and Background: Associates degree in information technology or certifications such as CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or the equivalent. Strong technical background with a broad range of technologies including one or more of the following:
- Active Directory
- Desktop Windows OS 7 – 10
- Hardware Setup and Configuration (Computers, Printers, Etc.)
- General networking knowledge
- MS Office
- Mac OS
- Mobile Devices including iOS
- A person of the highest character and probity
Salary range: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to apply: Applicants should send a resume by electronic mail to
by October 24, 2016
PDF version of this announcement
The Joint Committee is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. Congress and applicable Federal law. All personnel actions taken by the Joint Committee are made free from discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including marital or parental status), age, sexual orientation, or disability.